Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend in Basel


During my last full day in Basel, I spent time with a classmate who lives and grew up in Switzerland. She has been very kind to show me around Basel and Riehen and to answer all my questions about Swiss culture. With our class finished, we had time to ride bikes and talk about what it is like to live in Switzerland. We found a small zoo where families were taking advantage of the sunny day to bring their children to see the animals. Its been nice to have a little time today to reflect on my experiences here while biking through beautiful forests and gardens in Riehen (a town just northeast of Basel). I really appreciate the interest that the Swiss people have in exercise and maintaining beautifully manicured landscapes around the cities. Also, the culture at the university made it a really enjoyable place to study. Although I found most aspects quite similar to my university, I've really appreciated the opportunity to meet and work with a diverse group of students. I hope that I was able to offer some interesting perspectives for the other students as well. Although I will have to pack to head home tonight, I'm already eager to return to Basel for another trip in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the top performing Network Management program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central configuration management
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!