Thursday, August 20, 2009

Posted! ( ....finally)


It's taken me forever and a day to post something on this blog. My only semi-legit excuse: there's so much to do! Given the choice between 1) sitting at a computer after lab or 2) jumping off bridges/hiking the Alps/swimming in lakes/chatting it up with happy people from foreign countries/etc etc etc...I just kept picking the second option.

So what have I been doing?

-Serving as a lollipop for baby cows! They must really like salt and have come to learn that hikers get quite sweaty. Last weekend in Braunwald, a group of calves tried sucking our hands off. Super cute!


-Sleeping under the stars! Up in the mountains, the sky is so clear! We were snuggled up in sleeping bag out on the terrace of a little mountain cottage, and the whole sky was littered with big stars, little stars...everything!!! Once, we also slept in a barn full of hay that a farming family rents to travelers. The next morning, we woke to the sound of bleating goats. Super funnnn!


-Now I have to tend to some HeLa cells. I'll try to contribute more later--ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?