Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer School in Basel


My summer school course started on Monday morning. The course involves a lecture in the morning and group work in the afternoon. I found the group work very interesting because our group was so diverse. In my group we had students from Switzerland, Iceland, Belgium, Germany, and the U.S. In addition to discussing our assignments, I was really interested in lean ring abut the different health care systems across our countries. It's one thing to read about another system, but quite another to hear the experiences of the citizens who better understand the culture and sociopolitical aspects of their health care systems. After an interesting class, we took some time to relax in Basel by walking around the city and having dinner in a cafe near he university. I've been getting so many good ideas for my research; although my classmates and I have different research areas, having the opportunity to interact with people with different perspectives has been really valuable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the best IT automation tool for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central system monitoring
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!