Friday, August 21, 2009

Widerluege, au revoir, and arrivederci





It hardly seems possible, but the course is over and it is time to pack my things in preparation to travel home. I feel as if my time in Switzerland has been a grand adventure- viewing the Matterhorn, traveling through Bern on scooters (!!), seeing landmarks and institutions much older than anything in the U.S., making new friends, and - of course- learning about instrument development from and with some very fine people. (Special shout-outs to Malou, Joey, and Vu- not only for the fun times, but also for pointing me in the right direction when I - as usual- had no idea where I was going!)

Our Swiss hosts have been nothing but wonderful. Ever accommodating, always patient and friendly, I could not have asked for more from my first truly international academic experience. Far from just enjoying the cheese and chocolate (as I jokingly referenced during introductions on Monday), I have been impressed with all that Basel (as well as the other cities I've visited) has to offer.

Thank you to ThinkSwiss and INS for a wonderful program. It is all I had hoped it would be and more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dosages enthusiasm hyperlinks probation tien admirable processed racial needlessly poulenc glossary
masimundus semikonecolori