Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I can't believe we are almost done with the 2009 program!

Wow, I can't believe that tomorrow is Thursday, when we go on our exciting trip to Bern, and then Friday is our last day for the program.

This summer school has been a wonderful experience! I am surrounded by intelligent people in our class, privileged to learn from two great professors, and was lucky enough to travel to Basel to share this week with everyone.

I've learned new knowledge and touched up on others during the class this week. The group project we've all worked hard on has been a lesson not only in Psychometrics, but also group dynamics. My luck has continued, because my group members are smart, funny, and willing to listen to each other. These wonderful ladies are (in alphabetical order): Anne, Antoinette, Elisabeth, Eydis, Jill, Laura, and Rachel.

In addition to my group, I have had the honor of meeting new friends such as Janine, (the other) Elisabeth, Krista, Veronica, and Ditmark; and becoming better friends with my co-UCSF student, Joey. I am thankful for all of the help from the Institut of Nursing at the University of Basel, especially Brenda, who has supported us administratively.

I truly hope that my time in Basel will create linkages with others in the program for future research and projects. I look forward to staying in touch with everyone as we all continue in our academic and professional journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about that matter. Thanks for posting that data.

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Truly yours