Thursday, May 7, 2009

Congratulations to all

Dear all,

First of all, a big congratulation on winning the 2009 ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships! I'm sure all of us can't wait to embark on a journey to Switzerland, this coming summer.

My name is Yee Hoong Chow, a junior in chemical & biological engineering at Northwestern University. My current research interests focus on energy-related topics, and am now working in the lab of Professor Linda Broadbelt at Northwestern, the the field of molecular simulation. Previously, I worked in tissue engineering and cell culture, under Professor Lonnie Shea on his ovarian follicle culture and maturation project, between 2006 and 2007. My research activities have had a strong connection to biological systems and application of chemical engineering.

This summer, I will be researching with Professor Vassily Hatzimanikatis, in the Laboratory of Computational Systems Biotechnology at EPFL. I do know German - but not French - so going to the French speaking part of Switzerland shall be a different kind of experience to me.

All in all I'm simply excited about this summer, as well as the opportunity to meet up with you all. Looking forward to a great summer in Switzerland.

-Yee Hoong
Northwestern University

No comments: