Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Morning Switzerland! I have now been home for 10 days and have missed your green pastures, snow topped mountains, and blue streams and lakes. I have distributed most of my Swiss chocolate to nursing staff, family and friends who want me to return to Switzerland for more! I have enjoyed the friendly Swiss people and have made many friends who I continue to email. None of this would have been possible without the ThinkSwiss Grant for my Advanced Quantitative Statistics course. I have talked incessantly about my travels and I have many friends who want to apply for this grant next year! Watch out ThinkSwiss-you will be flooded with applicants from Missouri next year! I thank you for the opportunity to visit your country--I took advantage of extra days in Switzerland and visited Appenzell (cheese factory and the Maestriani Chocolate factory), Luzern (Mount Pilatus, cogwheel train, a lovely lake tour, and the Lion Monument which was breathtaking), Basel (Rhine River, barbeque, biking and shopping), and Bern (Scooter tour, Lindt chocolate building, Albert Einstein's home, and the beautiful capital building and church). While in Bern, I enjoyed visiting with the Minister of Public Health at her presentation about the Swiss health care system, both the similarities and the differences with the US health care system. The food at the restaurant in Bern was absolutely delicioso!
I want to thank ThinkSwiss for the lifetime opportunity of visiting Switzerland, I want to return to her someday with my family. Thank you.
Michelle Matteson FNP/GNP, PhD student

No comments: